A prime example was watching Jay Cutler sitting on the bench in the Packers/Bears game this past Sunday. No passion, no drive, no emotion! If you don't show passion either will the crew's you lead. They will have no desire to follow. But why should they?
Do you want the secret to leading a successful crew. Ready? Here it is... PASSION!!!
If you show passion to reach a goal, milestone, budget,and safety, one simple step from you will drive your crews with excitement .
So tomorrow, let's get your team fired up with enthusiasm!
- Pick one task to tackle.
- Gather the crew and tell them how important todays assignment is.
- Explain the assignment with excitement, as if it has never been done before, but they were chosen for the job. Use body language and exciting tones in your voice.
- Reiterate the importance of the task and what it means to the job.
- Involve the crew in your conversation. Ask them if they are up for the challenge. How do they feel about this assignment? Can they accomplish this important goal?
- Finally, tell them how excited you are about this specific assignment. Use nothing but positive, energetic words.