I know you would agree that simplicity is the key to productivity. If you could track man-hours simply then you would track them on every task. If scheduling were simple you would keep it updated and current and if measuring tasks were simple every task would be measured. More times than not we overload ourselves with schedules and measuring tools to the point of being unproductive using them. So take a deep breath and simplify it however you can. Find the right app or make a schedule of your own, but if it’s too time consuming or has too many steps, it’s not worth it. Remember… SIMPLIFY! There are plenty of great apps out there to help you with these tasks, take FieldLens for instance, they can make all of these items simple to track, input and distribute. But if you or your companies are not willing or interested in going this route, just start somewhere. It can be a simple as tracking your man-hours on one task or scheduling one activity or timing pick times for an activity. The point is you have to find what works for you, and it has to be simple so that you will continue using.
Steps to simplify
1. Create a template and eliminate building the same sheet over and over
2. Break big items down into actionable task; don’t take on too much focus on what's really important and measure/track those items.
3. Streamline the process let others help out so you don’t have to spend time coming up with tracking tools.
4. Have a to-do list of at the most three items at a time, to-do list that are a page long, are nothing but a wish list that ends up forgotten. Focus on three items at a time.
5. Find a great app test it out and if it's simple to use then it will save you time and money and will be well worth the cost.
WANT TO CONTRIBUTE: EMAIL HERE